So, it’s been a while again! (ugh I hate having to start blog posts with that!) Been a while since I’ve blogged, but still been enjoying my sewing. I’ve been in the process of making Grace some alphabet letters with fabric scraps I have on hand. I’m through the letter P!! 😉 We are getting there! Saw the inspiration on where else, but Pinterest. Such a cute idea and Grace really loves them!! They are time consuming though, just the cutting out bit. The sewing part goes nice and fast! I didn’t bother with any batting or fabric for the back of the letters. I had an old quilt that I just used instead! Perfect!! Already has the quilting and fabric ready for use! Here are the letters I have so far!
I’d probably be done with the entire alphabet by now, only I got side tracked this weekend. We had a wedding to go to Saturday night, and Friday night at around 7 I decided I’d make Grace a dress to wear! So, after a quick trip to Walmart for some interfacing, which by the way I would not use again on this pattern, I was sewing her a dress. I used a McCalls pattern I’ve had since summer. It was interesting using a store bought pattern, instead of my normal pdf tutorials I’ve bought. There were actually quite a few mistakes, some major, some minor spelling errors, but still. I was disappointed in the pattern over all. I’m thankful that I’ve made dresses before and knew right away the directions were wrong, or else I would have been really aggravated, had I followed them. I also didn’t follow the pattern for the back of the bodice, I shirred it instead. AND, I wouldn’t add the sash next time, it’s too much bow on the back of the dress. I think I’ll actually remove the sash from this dress, it looked much better with out it! I ended up making her a little shrug thanks to the ever popular pinterest post found here. It was perfect to keep her warm before she started all her dancing!! haha! She was a little dancing machine!! Wow, couldn’t believe it! Here are a few pics of the dress, shrug, and the dancing queen herself! 😉