Quick little post here. The last two things I’ve made Grace.. she doesn’t dig. Guess I’m gonna have to buy all purple fabric. Ha! I did a repeat last week of the cute little bubble tank and ruffle pants from LilyGiggle. And then today, I did a version of the Marissa Peasant dress from Create Kids Couture. I’m too lazy to link the patterns here right now. :p I modified the pattern today, by adding a ruffle on the bodice and making 3/4 sleeves. And I left the ruffle off the bottom. It turned out pretty cute. She of course hates it! Ha!
Oh yeah.. I also made a fantastic sewing table for my sewing room. It has made my sewing so much easier. Saw the idea on pinterest of course.. But instead of a regular table, I made the top a ironing pad also. It’s just perfect, I really love it. Two bookcases for 15 bucks a piece, and a table top from ikea for 25. Not too shabby for a counter height sewing center.
Here are some pics.. I’ll come back later when I have more time and update links to the table tutorial if anyone cares.
Well, I can see I’ve found a new fun sewing goody, shirring!! I’ve done smocking before, but just by gathering rows of fabric. Shirring uses elastic to smock and give the fabric some stretch.
So today I made Grace an adorable romper from the girls at Create Kids Couture . They have the best patterns, I love them! I used their pattern to make her dresses but wanted to find a little romper, and this was perfect. I made her a 2T, so it is big on her but at least she has room to grow now. I has no idea how to “shir” but they provided excellent directions and after watching a few YouTube videos I have it a shot! Worked perfectly! And majorly fun! I’m gonna be a “shirring” machine now…what can I “shir” next? Lol!
I’m sure you noticed the same fabric again, but I just love it!! It’s Amy Butler’s lotus line. And I still have enough left to make my bag!! Hehe!!
Here is Miss Grace, in her cowgirl hat. She insisted on wearing it…while repeatedly shouting yee haw!!
My little go go girl!! This was supposed to be a dress, but mommy made it way to short! I tried to make a dress for her by measuring off of one of her tank tops. It went OK, but not smooth! The hole for her head to slip through was too small, so I had to do some adjustments to the back, but I’m actually happy with how that part turned out!! It’s still way too small though, but she can wear it for a shirt with leggings I guess!
The really funny thing about this dress, is I saw a dress on pinterest that I intended on making. I loved it! This is NOT the dress!! I don’t know if it linked me to the wrong dress or what. It’s still cute, but not what I wanted! And I didn’t even notice until I got half way done cutting out my pattern that it was a different dress! Must be careful from now on..and perhaps pay attention! Haha!! Sorry these aren’t be best pics, but little miss thang wouldn’t sit still! Didn’t help that brother was blowing bubbles!! <3
I’ve been itching to get back at the sewin machine but just haven’t made the time. It’s been soooo nice out that we have all been enjoying the outdoors!
But today as I was scrolling down my Facebook feed, I saw something that caught my eye. First I need to admit that I follow the Bubble Guppies. I know, very lame. But my daughter LOVES them and they have some pretty cute ideas every once and a while. Anyway, someone posted a felt bubble puppy that they made and it was cute. You can find it here here. This project was a no sew felt puppy, but I thought with a few changes I could sew her one and it would last longer. I also enlarged it some to give it a little more “oomf”! I used an old white sheet for the body instead of the felt, so hopefully that will help it last a little longer. Although I’m quite certain Grace will have a field day with the fuzzy felt…she likes to eat fuzz! :/ It’ll be interesting to see what Bubble Puppy looks like after a while! Ha!
So, I got my sewing fix in!! Hopefully this week I’ll get into the sewing store and try out those fancy schmancy sewing machines.
Here’s my little puppy..
Well, here is the bapron again. Much happier with you it turned out this time. I made the bias tape properly this time too, and that makes a huge difference. Although I’m going to have to do the tutorial I saw somewhere on how toile continuous bias tape with a yard of fabric, because I’m not a huge fan of doing it so far. Very time consuming, but much cheaper than buying it per made. Anyhoo, got two more cut out and ready to go, just need more material for the bias tape. And oh yeah…my cute little labels are done!!
Well, here is the first project I made. Thanks to the super duper helpful tutorial over here . I have only made this one “bib”, and there is a lot I need to change on the next one I make. Simple little things, but important. This was the first item I have sewn, so my seam allowance here is really exaggerated. I’m looking forward to making quite a few more. Even though this is too big, in the arm hole area…my bad…it still works really well for her. And she loves it which is a huge plus, because she hates bibs!